Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I get rid of a chipmunk?

How do I get rid of a chipmunk? Is seems to have made a home in my porch and maybe within the walls of the house.


I've heard they can be very destructive. Even if this isn't true I don't want it around I think its eating the seeds from the plants and bushes so its not going to leave on its own.


Someone told me to fill a pail with water and lean a broad on it with sunflower seeds on it, this would drown the chipmunk.


I'm hoping someone knows a better and full proof way.How do I get rid of a chipmunk?
well, if you would want to spend the money buy a havahart trap, (sold in cabelas and online) They are live traps. you could either release him in a far away area (preffered) or if you must, drop the whole cage into a trash can full of water.How do I get rid of a chipmunk?
sadly death is your only option, wether you do it or a profesional , i suggest leaving it alone, or getting a cat. its not gonna do any more harm than it already has, and thats not much, they just take advantage of whats already there, they are NOT termites.
You can buy a cheap trap, bait it, and then take it somewhere else and release it if you don't want to kill it.
Here are some options:





1) Get a cat


2) Try a rat trap with some bait on it (which will probably work the best)


3) Poison


4) See if you can attract some weasels (they will hunt it down rather quickly)


5) Sit in wait with a .410
Mothballs will cause chipmunks and squirrels to leave.
TNT

No comments:

Post a Comment