Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chipmunk with spots............?

I was at my grandparents house when I saw a very odd looking small rodent in their back yard underneath the bird feeder. It looked like a chipmunk but it had both stripes and spots. My sister and I were like wtf?! We both have seen plenty of chipmunks, but never one like this, which makes me think it was NOT a chipmunk. I did some research, but found nothing. My Grandpa said it was a gopher, but I looked up gopher pictures and I don't think it was that either.





Like I said, it looked like a chipmunk, but it was a little bit longer, it's ears were definitely smaller, and its tail wasn't as fluffy. Also, it moved different, kinda low to the ground and sneaky like. Its markings were vertical on its back and went dots then a stripe, with three of each, maybe four. I'm really bothered by what this thing was so if anyone knows I would much appreciate it.Chipmunk with spots............?
Spotted Ground Squirrel.





Doesn't really look like a chipmunk, as it's body is much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment