Friday, February 5, 2010

Just found an injured chipmunk!!!?

I was outside and I see a chipmunk lying still on the ground. I thought it was dead until I went up to it and saw it was still breathing. I picked it up with a hand towel and put it in an empty fish tank (It's big enough) with food (sunflower seed and acorns I found) and water. It's eating the acorns that are already shelled, but hasn't gone to the water yet. I think it might be blind, for it didn't start to take any notice of me until I went to pick it up. I want to know if there's anything I should do to take care of him. The area around the left eye looks a little damaged, but I'm unsure about the eye. Any thoughts? I have the top of the tank secure so he can't get out into my house,food, water, and a hand towel for comfort. I just didn't want to see the little guy die, because I know it would with a night outside. Also, it's very inactive, not like a chipmunk should be. thanks for all the support.Just found an injured chipmunk!!!?
some vets are not permitted to handle wild animals so it would be best to call an animal sanctuary or wild life person, because they really know whats going on. Although many vet places can handle these things, so that should be a first resort. Good luck and I hope everything goes well!Just found an injured chipmunk!!!?
I agree that it may be against your state law to have a wild animal in your possession. However, since your motives are valid I would think that if you contact a wildlife rehabilitator in your area (call a vet for the location of one) you would receive the correct information in regard to taking care of the poor little creature.
it would be very kind for you to take it to the vet and might tell the problem to the veterinarian.





hope it helps,


extreme_96
Did you try calling a local animal shelter or wildlife rescue group? They may not be able to do anything but they will have the equipment and expertise to take care of him if they can save him.


Good luck!
take it to the vet!!!!!! you might be able to save it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment