Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is this normal or is my chipmunk sick?

Hi,





I've just gotten 2 chipmunks for my birthday. I think one may have a problem but I'm not sure. He's eating and drinking and running around his cage. Occasionally, he makes this chuck sound, it's like a cough or maybe an expulsion of air. He's a young chipmunk, I really hope there isn't anything wrong. Does this sound normal?





Thanks in advance.Is this normal or is my chipmunk sick?
The best thing I can suggest is to keep an eye on him and if it continues just ring your vet and ask. If he seems to be acting normal apart from the occaisional cough than I wouldn't be too worried. Maybe the cage bedding is too dusty for him? Maybe chip munks get colds? I don't know. But dude, you have a chipmunk!!!??? that's ******* AWESOME!!!!!!!Is this normal or is my chipmunk sick?
A chipmunk lives in trees in the park. A dog cannot care for itself. It is what humans have done to the dog.





Having a chipmunk is like having a raccoon; a wild animal. Sorry that is that.

Report Abuse



He probably is coughing. I would research chipmunks and their habits, and then also check out some information about chipmunks bred in captivity and common problems among them. I'm not a chipmunk expert, but most animals can sneeze and cough and do so from time to time.
There is a world of difference between wild and domesticated animals, and wild animals should not be kept as pets. Period.
mmmm chipmunks are not supposed to be kept as pets.
  • real world myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment